I have been blogging for a whole week now! I'm really enjoying it, but have so many things to learn about setting up my blog, joining groups, and getting people to read my posts. I know I'm capable of learning these things, but it will take time to cram together enough spare brain waves to focus on it!
I confess that I don't know much about the following items:
- HTML...OK, I've heard it before, and actually copied some code once into a website, but that's it. And I still don't know what HTML actually stands for...maybe: How Typing Makes Links, or more likely: Help, This Mom's Lost.
- a Blogroll...apparently a good thing to have, but frankly it sounds like a dessert...is there any chocolate in it??
- putting a Button on my blog...now, I don't even sew buttons back on clothing, and what happens if I push this button anyway?
- RSS...has to do with feeds, I think?...probably stands for Really Simple Stupid.
- Feedburner...hmmm...sounds suspiciously like a toaster oven.
- Mr. Linky...who??...did he invent the Slinky?
- Meme...actually, I guess it rhymes with theme, but I thought maybe it was the answer to - Who needs help? Who? Who? - Me! Me!
I apologize if my attempt at humor causes eye rolls and groans. Well, keep checking back and hopefully I'll learn what these things really are and make improvements to my blog.
What was the toughest thing for you to learn when you started blogging?