I do enjoy the goodies that go along with tea! If you would like to see a picture of the tea goodies that were sent to me, stop by Kathy's blog Shocking Pink Thread. I will say that the bag of shortbread cookies no longer exists!
I felt like sharing a recipe for something yummy to have with tea. I have made these little cakes for tea - you can decorate them to go with any theme. Everybody likes them!
Here they are at a recent tea party:
I was in a bit of a hurry with this batch; you can take your time and really create something cute. I have even arranged them on a plate and spelled out a message with one letter on each little cake. And the recipe makes a lot, so if you "mess up" any decorating, you can go ahead and eat your mistake!
I got the recipe from a Betty Crocker booklet.
Almond Baby Cakes
1 pkg. Supermoist white cake mix
1-1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 egg whites
1 bag (2 lb.) powdered sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 to 3 teaspoons hot water
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of about 60 mini muffin cups with shortening or spray bottoms with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1-1/4 cups water, the oil, 1 teaspoon almond extract and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 full). (If using one pan, refrigerate batter while baking other cakes; wash pan before filling with additional batter.)
3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Place wire rack on cookie sheet or waxed paper to catch glaze drips. In 3-quart saucepan, stir powdered sugar, 1/2 cup water, the corn syrup and 2 teaspoons almond extract. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. Stir in hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until glaze is pourable. Turn each baby cake on wire rack so top side is down. Pour about 1 tablespoon glaze over each baby cake, letting glaze coat the sides. Let stand 15 minutes.
5. Decorate any way you like with decorating icing. Store loosely covered at room temp.
Hope you get a chance to try these out!
P. S. You can still enter my Giveaway today!