My fabulous friend Kim at Homesteader's Heart passed this Christmas Spirit award on to me! Kim really does have Christmas spirit - just go check out her blog and see. I do love Christmas so I was happy to receive this one!
There are some rules to follow:
- You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
- The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
- You must link back to the person who gave you the award.
- You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! :o)
- Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 45; it's up to you. But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!
- Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment on their blog.
5 things I LOVE about Christmas!!!
1. I love the reason for the season - Jesus! He gave us the ultimate gift! Though I enjoy celebrating His birth this time of year, I try to remember to celebrate it year round. As a family, we try to keep our focus on Christ during December and limit the commercial side of it all.
2. I love Christmas music! It instantly makes me happy. I have to force myself every year to wait until December to start playing it. If only my hubby would give me an unlimited budget for Christmas CDs!
3. I love peppermint flavor! And of course it's everywhere - candy canes, ice cream, mixed with chocolate, Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha - love.it.all.
4. I love Christmas break from school! Just being real here - LOL! My son has 2 weeks off which means no running back and forth to school, no homework, no structure (uh-oh) - good times.
5. I love the lights - on trees and houses! The glow coming down the street is so nice. And my favorite thing is to have all lights off in the house except for Christmas tree lights. It's so cozy.
Time to tag! I can't leave anybody out for this one! If you are here reading this and you love Christmas - then I give this award to you! Spread some Christmas joy!
If you do post about it, please let me know so I can see what you love about Christmas!
Hmmm...looking back at this post, I should also mention that I love exclamation points!!! But that has nothing to do with Christmas - that I'm aware of.
Reminder - Friday (12/5) is "Would you like dessert with that?" You can either link up posts about chocolate or you can link up posts about any kind of dessert with or without chocolate in it. Your posts can be old or new. Check out the dessert issue from last month for ideas. Please share some yumminess!