Tuesday, August 18, 2009
What I Learned This Week
* I learned that just because hubby and son think something is funny even after hearing it 30 times, does not mean that I will too. It's a Wright Brand Bacon audio commercial, which I thought was funny the first time and maybe the second. But I'm so over it now and I have a bad feeling that I will be hearing it many more times. Click on it yourself and see what you think!
* I learned that you should stop and think about what is really in a bowl before you take a swipe with your finger and lick it. A big fingerful of melted UNsweetened chocolate mixed with instant coffee does not taste good at all. And it almost cured me of my chocolate cravings...almost. :)
* I learned that Twitter can be a great thing! The other day, I found new recipes to try, tweeted Bible verses to someone needing encouragement, made new friends, won a coupon for free Purex laundry sheets, and ended up being sent a beautiful necklace from a lovely Twitter friend - Christine (@LifeVerse) from Life Verse Jewelry - her necklaces and bracelets are gorgeous and would make wonderful gifts for special occasions! Thank you Christine!
* I learned that it's fun to go to a movie sometimes! I saw Julie & Julia and left feeling inspired to be a better cook, a better blogger, and a better wife all at the same time. Cute movie and so funny to hear a blogger's perspective that only other bloggers appreciate - "My readers will be disappointed!" - LOL!
* I learned that doctors can be cool. Had to take my son in today with a swollen eyelid. The Dr. determined that it was just a developing stye (yuck). But before that, he put some special drops in the eye to check for scratches, shut the lights out, and used a blacklight kind of thing which made the drops glow. Totally cool and fun - LOL! But there wasn't a mirror so my son couldn't see how funny it looked. After the appointment was over, the Dr. left the room, but then motioned to us and said "follow me." He took us into another exam room that did have a mirror, turned out the lights and turned on the special blacklight thing so my son could check it out! Isn't that great?
* I learned that I like chocolate. Oh wait, I already knew that.
* I learned that part of the reason I don't enjoy cooking (but hello - I like the eating of what I cook) all that much is not actually the cooking itself. It's the total disaster that I create in the kitchen after cooking and baking a bunch of stuff and it is much too unpleasant to clean up! Is there such a thing as a self-cleaning kitchen??
Oh I think that's enough knowledge for today - I wouldn't want your head to get too full! Do you feel smarter? 'Cause you sure look smarter!! :)
Be sure to stop by Musings of a Housewife to learn some more good stuff!