I decided to start this week off just telling what's going on around here - aren't you glad you stopped by? :)
Yes, I did light a pie on fire Sunday morning. Perhaps the time change wasn't a good thing for me! I had spent Saturday evening making food for our Church Potluck (Potato Goulash, Caesar CousCous, Chocolate Cherry Cobbler, and Pumpkin-Ginger Pie). The Pumpkin-Ginger pie called for a broiled marshmallow topping which I decided to do Sunday morning. I put the pie on the very top shelf under the broiler and peeked at it a couple times. Looked again and just saw flames!! Well, I immediately turned off the broiler and turned on an exhaust fan, but then I just stared at the flaming pie - I did not know what to do with it! It was a very sad kitchen moment for me. I called my hubby, who came in, pulled the shelf out and blew the flames right out. Happy ending? Only the top of the thick layer of marshmallows was burned, so I was able to take it all off and start over - uh, on a lower shelf. Turned out great! Don't worry - if you catch on fire in my kitchen, I'm pretty sure I'll figure out a way to put it out...I think! :)
Speaking of kitchens, and food - minus the smoky smell - (is that not a great segue - LOL) - did you know that my friend Kim at Homesteader's Heart is having a Tried and True Thanksgiving Recipes Week next week (November 9-13)? Yum! It will be hosted on her cooking blog - What's Cooking At My House. Get your yummy posts ready to link up! Here's the schedule: Monday - Appetizers, Tuesday - Sides, Wednesday - Main Dish, Thursday - Dessert, Friday - Thanksgiving Traditions. See you there!
I hope all of you have a fabulous day today - a non-flaming pie kind of day!
Hugs to you my friends!