2009 blog recap carnival! I love looking back at the year! She has fun with looking at the first line of every first post of each month. Mine, unfortunately, are all too boring. I give a little intro instead of a great first line that grabs you and pulls you in. Something to work on perhaps...
I decided that I wanted to look back at some of the highlights on my blog this year. While looking back, I realized - I had fun!! I really hope that you did too!
Let's recap, shall we?
1. Simmering Soup Week ~ Yum. Yes, I continued my obsession with theme weeks this year. I think the soup week was a hit for the winter. And I managed to work the soup theme into Chocolate Friday by serving up Chocolate Soup! Just click on the pic to look back at some great soup recipes.
2. Vlogging ~ I won a Flip video camera through the blog Real Life and newbaby.com and I started vlogging! Quite fun for my drama queen self! I haven't done that many through the year, but I plan to do more in 2010. You can see some of my vlogs at newbaby.com (I'm Lisablogschocolate over there).
3. 1-Year Blogaversary ~ What a great party!! It really was so much fun and it was the first time that I had other people/businesses donating lovely items to give away during that time. I just wish I could have had everyone over for some cake and ice cream! :)
4. Cake Week ~ I love cake. I could probably even stand to have a whole month dedicated to cake - LOL! So many cake recipes, so little time. Another fun week! If you need some delicious cake or cupcake ideas, just click on that pic!
5. Bloggy Friendship Days ~ My funny friend Kim at Homesteader's Heart is my best bloggy friend and we realized that our friendship had started in June of 2008. We decided to celebrate our "friendiversary" and host a few days for people to join in celebrating their bloggy friendships! After all, bloggy friends are real friends too. :)
6. Housecleaning Week ~ "Once a year whether it needs it or not" - heh,heh. :) I did Housecleaning Week while posting as normal. I assigned myself mini-tasks every day and a daily project to be done after regular cleaning. I need to do it again because I never got so many things done in one week before!
7. Fall Fruits Festival ~ A week of delicious Fall fun covering pears, pumpkin, apples, cranberries, and my favorite fruit - chocolate. ;) I thought it was a fun way to celebrate Fall and find some great new recipes. Click the pic for all the yummy recipes!
8. The Nutella Challenge ~ I joined The Nutella Challenge at bell' alimento and then wondered what I had got myself into! I have to come up with a new Nutella recipe each month for a few months. I've come up with 4 so far: Mini Nutella Cheesecakes, Nutella Popcorn, Nutella Bites, and Nutella S'mores Cake. I ran out of time to do one in December, but I will attempt another one in January. This has been great for me as it's my first experience in making up my own recipes - nervewracking!
9. 500th Blog Post ~ Another exciting milestone on my blog! Hmmm...can you tell I like any excuse to have a party? LOL! That was an especially fun party because I got to talk about chocri customized chocolate bars and give a couple away! YUM! Celebrating with chocolate is always good!
Whether you've just started coming to my blog and these highlights are new to you or you have been along for the whole sweet ride - thank you. I truly appreciate you, my readers! And I like you whether you comment or not (but I just love it when you do comment and say hello!)!
I hope you enjoyed this little recap! If you hop back over to Musings of a Housewife, you can look at some more blog recaps. It's a great way to catch up on some lovely blogs!
Did you catch my guest post yesterday at The Frugal Girls? I shared New Year's chocolate dessert ideas! But you should also check out some other recipes there, like Cranberry Bliss Bars, and a guest post by Frugal Femina with Candie Cane Brownie Lollipops. Yummy!!
Reminder - no Chocolate Friday or even Dessert Friday tomorrow! I plan to just relax and enjoy New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with my family. Have a safe, happy, and blessed New Year!
I'm linking this post up to Your Life, Your Blog at Real Life. Link any post from the previous week!
Thanks for coming by! Don't miss anything here in 2010 - subscribe now!