We're talking dinner recipes today! I thought I would give you some options for tortellini because it's easy and kid-friendly!
I love tortellini whether it's the fresh kind from the refrigerated section of the store or the dried kind in the pasta aisle. I always pick up a bag or two of dried cheese-filled tortellini when I'm at Trader Joe's. And Costco finally started carrying a large bag of dried tortelloni (bigger tortellini) again - we used to buy it all the time a few years ago and then they stopped carrying it.
You can always serve up tortellini with a marinara or some other type of sauce, but I have some other recipes for tortellini that our family enjoys.
And I'm going to share a casserole recipe for tortellini - sorry I don't have a pic as I haven't made it recently.
2 containers (10 oz each) refrigerated alfredo sauce (or make your own with my friend Kathy's recipe)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pkg (20 oz) refrigerated green and white mixed cheese tortellini
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained
1/2 cup garlic and herb-flavored or Parmesan-flavored bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In medium-sized bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, 2 cups water, and pepper. Pour 1 cup sauce mixture into bottom of 2 1/2-quart shallow casserole (I just use a 9x13 pan). Arrange half the tortellini (uncooked) in a single layer over sauce; sprinkle with chopped broccoli. Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over top. Repeat layering remaining tortellini and remaining sauce. Cover with foil.
3. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Heat broiler.
4. In small bowl, stir together bread crumbs and olive oil until evenly coated. Sprinkle crumbs on top.
5. Place casserole under broiler about 4 inches from heat until crumbs are golden, 1-2 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I hope you found a new dinner recipe to try! Be sure to stop over at My Cup 2 Yours for a delicious burger recipe and more dinner recipe links!
For dessert today, you may want to stop over at Muthering Heights! I'm over there today sharing a snack cookie recipe you can make with your kiddos (of course it includes chocolate!) and showing pics of my sweet son helping me!
I'm linking this up to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - so many great recipes there!
Have a terrific day friends!