I found this recipe in my Mason Jar Soup-to-Nuts Cookbook. It's simple and oh so buttery good!! These shortbread bars are dangerous to have around, but they're wonderful to offer to company along with coffee or tea and they make a great gift!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Place flour, powdered sugar, and salt in medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add butter, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon or electric mixer set at low speed to form a thick batter.
3. Spread the batter evenly in ungreased 8-x-8-inch baking pan, and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until light brown in color.
4. Allow shortbread to cool completely in pan before cutting into 16 cookies (2-in squares).
5. Serve immediately, or store in airtight container for up to 10 days.
Yes, that is a lot of butter! And that is why they're so gooooood - LOL! :)
Your turn! Bring on the chocolate and dessert posts! I have faith that you have one somewhere in your archives or can whip one up right now - link it on up! Sharing is just the polite thing to do!
Have a lovely day friends!