I recently had the opportunity to review a cookbook. Who could refuse checking out a cookie cookbook? Not me! I was sent the cookbook Crazy About Cookies by Krystina Castella to look through. What a great book! It's not your typical cookbook. The whole beginning section is all about equipment, ingredients, and techniques for making cookies. Very helpful if you're not not a cookie expert (I'm no expert!). Recipes include everyday cookies, party cookies, occasions cookies, holiday cookies, and basic dough, frosting and filling recipes. So many to choose from!
There are some fun recipes I'd like to try such as Potato Chip Cookies, Matcha Chocolate Swirl Cookie Pops, Cinnamon Swirls and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. There are even several healthy cookie recipes included! Everything is easy to understand and the pictures are great.
I wanted to try out a recipe right away and this one just spoke to me. Not sure what spoke to me - the cocoa powder, the semisweet chocolate, the chocolate chips, the white chocolate - hard to say really. :) These are full of yummy ingredients, including raisins. In my world, the raisins take these right into the breakfast category. ;)
These cookies are fantastic!! So rich and chocolatey - just one will satisfy your chocolate craving! I was graciously given permission to share the recipe with you!
Chunky Candy Cookies
Reprinted with permission of Crazy About Cookies, by Krystina Castella, copyright 2010, Co, Inc.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks) butter
9 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnut halves
6 oz white chocolate chips
3/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup coarsely crushed toffee
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 2 cookie sheets.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Stir the butter and chocolate in a double-boiler over simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla; set aside.
4. Beat the eggs and sugars in a bowl until creamy. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture until just blended.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips, nuts, white chocolate, raisins, and toffee.
7. Drop 2-tablespoon mounds of dough on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart, and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until slightly cracked on top. Transfer to a rack to cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I hope you get to try out these delicious cookies and to check out Crazy About Cookies by Krystina Castella!
Disclosure: I received a free copy of Crazy About Cookies to review. The picture of the cookies and my opinions are completely my own!
Since I shared yummy chocolate with you, won't you share some chocolate too? I know you have a chocolate post somewhere! Go find it and bring it back to link up! Feel free to share chocolate links and/or recipes in the comments too!
Have a chocolatey day friends!