I'm joining up today with Genny from My Cup 2 Yours for Talkin' About Thursdays. She's so sweet and you'll like hanging out at her blog! Today's topic is 5 Things About Yourself.
I decided there was no need to share the silly randomness as I've done that before and you can always go look at my 100 Things to read many random things about me! Instead I'll share 5 things that most of you do not know and may surprise you about me!
1. When I was in elementary school, I was in a community theater production of The King and I. I was one of the many school children. My Mom had to make my costume and help get me ready for performances by spraying my hair black! I loved being in the play and singing the songs!
2. When I was in my early 20's and working for a bank, I wrote a rap about checking accounts (just for fun) and gave it to the managers. With their help, I put on a disguise and surprised everyone in a staff meeting performing the rap as MC Lisa! Oh the laughs!!! Later on all the employees learned the rap and "performed" with me in a video that we sent to the regional office. I still have that tape. SO funny! We knew how to have fun! Peace out...
3. About 10 years ago, I had an opportunity to be in a marathon back in my home state (Montana) to raise money for the Leukemia Society. 3 of my California coworkers decided to do it with me and we trained for a few months to be able to walk the whole thing. I didn't train as much as I should have so it was brutal! But I did walk and finish the whole 26.2 miles!!! I wanted to give up by mile 21. The last 5 miles involved thinking about cancer patients, praying, crying, and just moving one foot in front of the other - felt SO good to cross that finish line!
4. Before I became a Mom, I worked in banking for several years - all the way from teller to manager. By the end I was a typical career woman working 50+ hours a week. I did.not.cook. My husband cooked dinner after getting home from his job. I barely baked anything. If I needed to take a treat somewhere I would usually buy something. I only had a couple of desserts that I made well. After I had my son and God pulled me to be a stay-at-home mom, I gradually took over the cooking. People are always surprised by that now as I cook all the time and you KNOW I like to bake and make desserts!
5. About 5-6 years ago, I first joined Weight Watchers as I needed to lose weight that I had put on over the years. I loved it and was very successful! I lost 30 pounds and became a lifetime member. Unfortunately, I stopped going and through the years I have put the weight (and more) back on. I struggle greatly in this area but keep working on it because I did it once and can do it again! I am back at WW and working to eat healthier and exercise. I'm determined to get the weight off no matter how long it takes me! I have a second blog where I talk about weight struggles and share healthy recipes. Making connections with other women who have the same struggles helps motivate me to stay on track.
Now you know a little more about me! Hope I didn't scare you - LOL! I look forward to getting to know you better! What is something surprising about you?
Be sure to stop over at My Cup 2 Yours to read 5 things about Genny and link up your own 5 things post! I'm also linking this up to Your Life, Your Blog at Real Life - link up your fave post!
Have a lovely day and be sure to come back tomorrow for Chocolate Friday!